How to make Spaghetti Sauce From Scratch
Never miss a recipe Sign up today to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
We will never sell or distribute your email to anyone else.
You Will Need
1 Butter knife OR Air Bubble Remover
20 pounds tomatoes
4 Cups Bone Broth (or chicken broth)
1 very large onion (diced)
1 tsp Oregano
1 tsp Basil
1 TBS Onion Powder
3 Bay leaves
2 Heaping TBS Onion Flakes
1 TBS Salt
1 TBS Pepper
1 Can Tomato Paste
(2 for thicker sauce)
12 TBS lemon Juice
The rich, delicious flavor of this homemade spaghetti sauce is nothing short of amazing! Tried-and-true, I have made this sauce for over 20 years, perfecting it along the way. You can freeze it or can it. Make it in the instant pot or stovetop You can even make it in the crockpot, with outstanding results. This homemade spaghetti sauce is so easy and delicious, you will never buy the jarred kind again, and the bonus, besides flavors, is you know exactly what's in your food. You can use fresh tomatoes from the garden or canned tomatoes. Yep, you can even get canned in organic. Try it one time,
you will never go back.
1. Start by coring tomatoes cut any green out of the tomatoes.
2. Place into your steamer basket into your instant pot and press steam for 0 min. (make sure you are on sealing and not venting.)
3. When the timer has gone off, instant release. Carefully open your lid away from you.
4. Place the tomatoes into a sink or bowl of ice water.
5. Peel tomatoes (skins should easily remove now
6. Once you have done all the tomatoes this way, Drain tomatoes in a strainer.. (makes good tomato juice.)
7. Next, get your food mill out and start milling your tomatoes into another bowl. (see video below)
8. Once you have milled all your tomatoes, pour the sauce into your pot for your instant pot and add chicken or bone broth.
9. Turn your saute on and add onion, Italian Seasoning Blend, Oregano, Onion Powder, Bay Leaves, Basil, Onion Flakes, salt and pepper,
21. Place jars into canner with simmering water, ensuring that they are completely covered with water. Bring to a boil; process for 45 minutes. Start timing once they come to a boil.
22. Remove jars and cool. Listen for ping as they cool.
Keywords- how to make homemade spaghetti sauce,how to make homemade spaghetti sauce with fresh tomatoes,how to make homemade spaghetti sauce from scratch,how to make homemade spaghetti sauce using fresh tomatoes,spaghetti sauce,garden tomatoes,healthy,healthy meal prep,oamc,prepping,instant pot recipes,instant pot,tasty,pressure luck,six sisters,pioneer woman,Canning,canning for beginners,canning spaghetti sauce from fresh tomatoes