Egg Foo Young
You Will Need
4 Cups Cabbage
1 Cup Broccoli
1 Medium Onion
4 TBS Butter (divided)
3 TBS Oil
1 TSP Salt (divided)
1/2 tsp Pepper
Cooking Spray (optional)
This vegetable Egg Foo Young is a perfect, featuring cabbage, broccoli, and onion. Chinese-American omelet, this flavorful dish is made with eggs, vegetables and sometimes meat. (shrimp, chicken or pork) I love vegetable Egg Foo Young, although sometimes it's spelled Egg Foo Yung. All I know is they are crazy good and one of my favorite foods. Serve Rice with it and you have an amazing meal for breakfast or dinner. These are no exception. They are crazy good!
Alternative names: Egg fooyung, egg foo yong, egg foo yung, or egg fu yung
Variations: vegetable, roast pork, shrimp, chicken, beef, or lobster
Sometimes spelled: egg fooyung, egg foo yong, egg foo yung, or egg fu yung
1. Shred cabbage small, then cut in half into tiny pieces
2. Cut Broccoli Small
3. Dice onion very small to medium small
4. Melt 2 TBS butter in a skillet on medium heat
5. Add cabbage, Broccoli, onion, and oil
6. Brown mixture till brown and almost soft and tender.
7. In another bowl beat eggs with 1/2 salt and 1/2 tsp pepper.
8. Once cooled a little bit (so it doesn't scramble your eggs in the bowl) Add Cabbage mixture to eggs and mix well.
9. Melt 2 TBS butter in a skillet
9. Use a 1/4 cup measuring cup to drop cup full into your skillet. Fry on both sides till golden brown and egg are fully cooked. Follow up with our Egg Foo Young Sauce