The Best Doritos Casserole
This Doritos casserole is layers of crushed Doritos tortilla chips, ground beef, cream of chicken, cream of celery, jalapeno's and cheese, all baked together to golden brown perfection. With it's mild heat, and a twist in ingredients you will be amazed how incredible this Taco Doritos Casserole really is, Don't have Doritos? Use this filling for burritos, or a dip. Holy cow, it's that good!
You Will Need
1 Family Size Bag of Doritos
1 Pound Sausage
1 Pound Hamburger
2 TBSP Oil
1 TBSP Onion Powder
2 Tsp Garlic Powder
1 tsp Pepper
2 tsp Salt
1 Package Taco Seasoning
1 Package Chili Seasoning
1 can Cream of Celery
1 Can Cream of Chicken
1/2 Heaping Cup Sour Cream
1 Can Hunts Fire Roasted Tomatoes
2 TBSP diced Jalapenos (optional)
Crock Pot Dorito Casserole Directions
1. On your stove top in a skillet, add hamburger and sausage, dice onion, and seasonings. Saute until meat is barely pink and onions are half way translucent. (drain)
2. Add Meat and onions to your crock pot
3. Add drained fire roasted tomatoes, chili seasoning, taco seasoning, soups and 3/4 cups water. Add diced Jalapeno's and mix well
Cook on low 4 hours
4. When done, add sour cream, chips and 2 cups cheese and mix well. Add remaining 1/2 cup cheese on top. Place lid on and let sit 10 min until cheese melts.
Instant Pot/Oven Dorito Casserole Directions
1. Start by turning your saute on, add oil, hamburger and sausage, dice onion, and seasonings. cook until meat is almost brown and onions are half way translucent.
2. Add drained fire roasted tomatoes, chili seasoning, taco seasoning and 3/4 cups water. (let cook about 10 min and drain)
3. Add cream of mushroom, cream of celery, diced jalapenos and mix well.
4. To a casserole dish, add slightly crushed Doritos, then a layer of meat mixture, then 1 cup cheese (repeat layer) ending with chips and then cheese on top. Bake for 30 min covered, uncover and bake an additional 12 min.
Dorito Casserole Tips
You can use any flavor Doritos you like, I typically make this dish with the nacho cheese flavored chips.
I used fiesta cheese for this casserole
You can garnish your casserole with a variety of toppings. sour cream, diced tomatoes. Other great options are chopped cilantro, olives and avocado.
What can you serve with Dorito Casserole?
A side Salad
Instant pot Un-stuffed Cabbage Rolls | Instant pot Salisbury Steak Meatballs | Instant pot Beef Liver and Onions | Instant pot Barley Beef Stew | Instant pot Green Chili Beef Burrito | Instant pot American Goulash | Poor Boy's Steak with Garlic Butter | Instant pot Hickory Bacon Baby Back Ribs | Instant pot Hardy Chili Mac with cheese | Instant pot Meatloaf bowls with cheesy ranch potatoes | Instant pot ALL In One Pot Lasagna | Instant pot Porcupine Meatballs | Instant Pot Beef Stew | Instant pot How to Defrost or cook hamburger | Instant pot Little Smokies With Homemade BBQ Sauce | Instant pot Taco Bowls |