Easy Buttermilk Biscuits
Everyone looks for the perfect biscuit recipe. Flaky, buttery, the kind that just melts in your mouth, makes you want to slather them with honey or jelly, or divine gravy, for biscuits and gravy. They are light, delicious and flaky, and best of all they require very little time or ingredients, but you will want to make them again and again. I know I am. My next endeavor is to try them in chicken and dumplings. I can only imagine right now. YUM!
You Will Need
2 Cups all purpose flour
1 TBSP Lemon Juice
1 Cup Whole Milk
1 tsp baking powder
1/4 tsp baking soda
1 Stick Cold Butter (salted) divided
1 tsp Sugar
Subscribe to be entered into our instant pot give away! We are giving away a 3 qt, 6 qt or 8 qt,
Other Recipes You Might Like
Restaurant Style Marinara
1. Add Lemon Juice to milk and let set 5 min (this makes buttermilk)
2. In a medium bowl, mix flour, baking powder, baking soda, and sugar.
3. Cut 6 TBSP butter into your four (should look like little pebbles when you are done) You can also do this with a processor)
4. Mix buttermilk mixture with flour mixture and mix well. (you just want to incorporate everything till you get dough. Be-careful not to over mix.
5. Flour your surface with about 1 TBSP flour.
You want to pat the dough into a rectangle, then fold it into thirds, pat it down again, and repeat the process 1 more time. Folding the dough helps to create those beautiful, flaky layers that you see.
I honestly don’t bother using a rolling pin to make these either, I just gently pat the dough into a 1/2-inch thick rectangle
6. Use a glass or biscuit cutter and cut circles.
7. Spray a cast Iron pan or baking sheet with cooking spray and bake at 375 for 19 to 23 min (depending on how big you cut your biscuits.
8.When tops are a golden brown remove from oven and melt the rest of your butter.
9. Butter tops generously.
Never miss a recipe Sign up today to get new recipes delivered straight to your inbox.
We will never sell or distribute your email to anyone else.